Week #32 - Tineke

On my first night at boarding school, some girls asked if I wanted to join them outside. I wasn't sure, I wanted to make new friends but worried I would get into trouble. The girls read my mind and told me they had never been caught. So we disappeared into the night. We stumbled upon the horse stable where the girls asked if I could ride. I said, “yes!” and the girls’ faces lit up. We jumped onto the horses and followed a track, the moonlight guiding us. Later, back in my bed, I wondered what tomorrow night would bring!

Comments

  1. Tineke, having been a boarder for four years and also a horse rider, I can relate to your story so well. Your room mates' sense of rebellion at being confined is obviously infectious! Perhaps we are all thinking this way after several weeks of lockdown?
    Great imagery, sentence construction and punctuation.
    Thanks for sharing,
    Jackie (Team 100WC)
    New Plymouth

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Week #23 (2) - Emma-Jane

Week #43 - Venus